Thursday, February 1, 2018

February Hive 1 Tutorial

Hello Hive #1.   I'm Rose Braun, I am so happy to be Queen Bee. This is my 3rd year in stash bee and it has been great every year.  Wow! I can't believe it is already February. This year is flying by so fast. I am glad I won't have to make a block this month because it is going to be crazy busy for us. 
We are in the process of selling our home in Florida and will be packing up and moving out. We are also buying a new home here in New Jersey. We are cleaning up the clutter and packing a home we have lived in for over 30 years. Lots of work in store. Two houses to pack! Help!

So, my block. I have a fun, fantastic, scrappy block from A Bright Corner. 
It is called Scrappy Susannah.  




This link is perfect. She shows you step by step. (Link to A Bright Corner).
I just love the scrappy look of this block.  

 For one (12.5") block you’ll need:

  • 8 (3.5”) print squares
  • 4 (3.5”) white on white
  • 2 (4.25”) print squares
  • 2 (4.25”) white on white



The colors to use should be dark blue prints or turquoise prints, I like most all , batiks are OK with me. I don't mind repeats. 
This is a few of the fabrics a pulled. I would like the white to be a white on white. You can mix the white on whites just no beige, white please.



Place each 4.25” white square right sides together with a 4.25” print square.  

Sew about 1/4” on both sides of the drawn line.

Cut down the center line, now you have two.

Trim to 3 1/2" square.


Lay them out and sew together. 


These are a few that I made up. I think it will be great. 
Looking forward to seeing what you all make. 





No comments: