Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Hive 7 November Block Tutorial

I am so excited to be Queen Bee for November. I have chosen a block which I think should be really fast for everyone to do. I want to do scrappy cross quilt and want you all to make a block for me.
This is a link to my inspiration quilt.  https://thelilaccat.com/2017/09/07/plus-quilt-for-grenfell/

Here are 2 blocks that I have made.

They are 10.5 inches unfinished and 10 inches finished.

You will need 4 - 4.5 inch squares of any low volume fabric. I would prefer these to be different.
                        4 - 2.5 inch squares of low volume - these should be the same
                        5 - 2.5 inch squares of a bright happy color or you can make these all the same and use       
                         2 - 2.5 inch squares and a 2.5*6.5 inch rectangle.

I do not have a specific color plan, just use any bright happy color you have for the cross :)

Layout like the following:

And sew together. No need to trim the blocks.

Any and all low volume is fine with me. Here are some that I will be using. As long as it reads as a light, whites, gray, cream what ever you have is fine.
I hope you will find this to be an easy block and that you have fun with it.



No comments: