Saturday, April 1, 2017

Hive 4 2017 April Tutorial

Hello fellow bee members. I couldn't be more excited to be here sharing a little bit of me with you.

My name is Rhonda and I blog at Rhonda's Ramblings, formally known as Quilter in The Gap (quite the jump - no?!). I am the founder of the Finish-A-Long and it has gotten so big! If you are not a participant you should check it out! It is now international and so much fun with some great prizes.

It worked out really well with me being Queen in April as I am moving this month - Right smack dab in the middle of the month. Now I can pack the first half and unpack the second and not feel like I am running late for the Bee.

I have been quilting for just over 25 years and it is my Zen place! I enjoy every aspect of the process. My day job, Accountant, leaves no room for creativity so quilting allows this for me!

Enough about me....let's talk about what I would like from you...

I have a very simple request.... so simple I'm not even sure what to call them...maybe there is an official name for this block but if there is, I don't know what it is:



I have no rules. No color limitations. No strip dimensions. I got nothing! OK...one thing...CONSTRAST!! That is all I ask. Please put some contrast between each set of strips - both in width & color. Oh and square up as you...simple no?! Freedom, freedom (can you hear the song playing in your head?)

Please make the blocks 15" (or at least 15"). I will eventually cut them all in half so don't worry about a cute center like the one pictured above. My goal is to turn these two:



into this:

I will be mixing up everyone's blocks for a real modern look then I will try something different (for me anyway) with the quilting!

Please let me know if I can answer any questions.




No comments: