Monday, August 1, 2016

Modern Summer Sampler, Hive 5, August ,2016

Hive 5:

This has been a summer of sunshine and beach trips for our family.  We have a new den to hang out in.  I am thinking of keeping this months blocks simple and modern & mysterious.   That's right.  We are making a sampler.  As variety is the spice of life, I am looking to see what your favorite 15" block  finished.  Please think beachy, coastal colors.  Solids or Modern Prints only !


Shades of Aqua, turquoise, tans gray,pale green,beige, and a touch of rust.
Here are my upholstery fabrics.

For some ideas, go to my friend Jennifer Dick at 42 quilts , Modern Monday's posts are here:

http://www.42quilts.com/p/modern-monday.html?m=1



Here's a sneak peek at some block parts and my improv star.






Any questions😏  ?  Give me a holler.
Have fun with this.  Wonky is encouraged! 
MJ 

2 comments:

Jane Holbrook said...

Wow, MJ. I am challenged! I love your color selection. I love the link and her amazing variety of wild blocks. I have put on my thinking cap and await inspiration. Stay tuned for some epic sh#t.

Patty said...

How fun! This will be a treat!