Saturday, April 30, 2016

Hive 7 May Block Tutorial

Hive 7 May Block Tutorial 

EDIT : To the ladies who made it with the wrong measurements that I had initially please dont make another bloc - just send me the BITS and I will fix it. Sorry 




Hi there , my name is Michelle and I am the queen for May
For May I wold like a real quick and easy block, seems really simple but when put together creates a great effect. 

I have always loved crosses and the greek cross must be my favourite
The colours are easy and most of you will have these in your stash. (please no batiks)
White for background, Dark blue for corners (solids or tone on tones ) and teal/aqua (no batiks and any print)  for centre.
I am planning to make one cross with a bright pink centre to be the focus point

Please disregard the measurements on the picture 




The instructions on picture is incorrect - should be 2.5 not 2 
From the white you will need the following (solid white, no tone on tone please)
2 - 5x5 squares 
4 - 2.5x4.5 rectangles

For the dark blue corners ( no batiks and please use only tone on tone if using prints)
2 - 5x5 squares

For the cross in teal or aqua (any print no batiks please)
1 - 4.5x4.5 square 
4 - 2.5x4.5 rectangles



First you will need to make four HST using the blues and white (5x5 squares) to finish off as a 4.5 square
Sew your teal and white rectangles together (2.5x4.5 rectangles)


Iron and lay out as above
Sew together and TADA !!!
Easy easy - time to go finish something else. 
Final block size should be 12.5 and please iron away from white 








5 comments:

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

I just tried to make the block, but my pieces don't seem to be the right size to get a 12.5 inch block.

Pam said...

Michelle should the rectangles be 2.5 by 4.5. The 2 inch will make the block finish 4 by 4.5 and I think it need to be 4.5 by 4.5.

Pam said...

Michelle should the rectangles be 2.5 by 4.5. The 2 inch will make the block finish 4 by 4.5 and I think it need to be 4.5 by 4.5.

Pam said...

Michelle should the rectangles be 2.5 by 4.5. The 2 inch will make the block finish 4 by 4.5 and I think it need to be 4.5 by 4.5.

Michelle said...

Fixed the mistake . I got excited sorry !
Just send the bits you have made and I will fix, no need to make another one