Monday, January 4, 2016

Hive 9 January Block for Yvonne

Hi, Everyone!  Happy New Year!  This is my third year in Stash Bee and I LOVE it.

This month we were asked to make a block, well I made two, for Yvonne from a pattern that she created.  Sweet!




Then we were asked to answer the following questions, so here goes it....

1.  Name:  Christina


2.  Where you live:  Central New Jersey

3.  Tell us about your family:  I am a single mom of one AMAZING son, who is finishing his last semester of college this spring. Yeah!

4.  Tell us about your pets:  I don't have any pets at the moment.

5.  How long have you been quilting:  I started quilting about 25 years ago, but only really active and passionate about it since 2011. 

6.  What crafts do you do other than quilting: I have dabbled in crafts all my life.  I can make something about almost anything!  I used to do a ton o scrapbooking.  I have tons of supplies and many albums to catch up on, but quilting is my passion at the moment.

7.  Fabric line you want to by next:  Well I started 2015 with a vow to sew my stash.  That worked until the summer and then I've been a bit crazy purchasing stuff since.  So....I need to put myself on a strict budget for 2016 of stash only, with the exception of a few basic solids like white, black, navy and snow; when what I have runs out.  

8.  Preferred quilting method:  By checkbook!!!!  I can quilt straight line, waves, circles...most anything with my walking foot, by FMQ is just not what I enjoy.

9.  Where we can find you on social media:  Well I started a blog, FellingSewBlessed.blogspot.com; however, I haven't blogged in sometime.  Blogging is one of my Sewing goals in 2016.  Drop by and follow me, so you can cheer me on throughout the year. ;)

10.  Favorite Book:  WOW!   That's a tough one!  I wasn't much of a reader when I was younger but a friend gave me The Horse Whisper to read in my late 20's.  I've been an avid reader ever since.  I like most Nicolas Sparks books, but my favorite of his was Message in a Bottle.  I guess I'd have to say my all time favorite is Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson.  I just reread it for the third time over the break.  LOL.

11.  Favorite show to binge watch:  I don't have TV or internet at home; using the money to pay for my quilting/sewing habits. ;)  When I do get the chance to watch TV, I like Gilmore Girls and oldies with Bing Crosby, Bob Hope, Jerry Lewis and the likes.

Well I hope you now know a bit about me.  Looking forward to an amazing 2016!!!

TTFN!

Christina 




1 comment:

Allison/Savage Pink said...

Hello Hive mate! So great to meet you and learn something about you. Your two blocks are beautiful!