Friday, January 22, 2016

Hive 9 - Jan block for Yvonne



This is Mary, posting my block for Yvonne in Hive 9. 

This is my first year in the stash bee and I'm excited to participate. My family lives in Spring Hill, TN which is about 30 mins south of Nashville. My husband and I have three girls: 15, 13, and 11. So we're busy driving them to swim meets and basketball games!  We have two Weims we've rescued.  Stormy, who's the boss-lady, and Warrior who is sweet as he can be.

I learned to quilt many years ago. At the time I only pieced and quilted by hand. After years of not quilting much, I started up again about two years ago and have come to love machine piecing. I entrust my quilting to my favorite local quilt shop, The Dancing Bobbin!

I occasionally knit and crochet, but prefer working with fabric over yarn. Art Gallery fabrics are among my favorites. I can be found on Instagram @maryfromvaintn.  I'm not sure they are my favorite books, but I really enjoy the Outlander  series.  While sewing I like to watch HGTV. (If only some of those folks would come work their magic in my home!)




No comments: