Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Happy New Year!

I am excited for the start of another fun year with all of my fellow honey bees. First, about me:
1. Name: Jane Holbrook
2. Home: outside of Riggins, Idaho up in the Seven Devils Mtns. We built our own cabin and have a huge deer proof garden. We are very near the Salmon River and own a jetboat for fishing and sport. Because of the class five rapids and because boats are named after women, I named our boat after me, Current Girlfriend. It is also the name of my blog.
3. Family: I have 3 adult daughters that I raised solo, they are all in Boise, 150 miles away. We are all very close. I have 3 wonderful son-in-laws and 3 grandkids.  I live with my mate, Mike, whom I have known for 13 yrs.
4. Pets: a small black cat, Chai, and an old black labrador, Abby. They are good pals.
5. How long have I been quilting?: 43 years!
6. Other crafts?: Lots! I make my own greeting cards, paint and color, make herbal salves and tinctures, dye fabric with natural items, make yard art, embellish garments with beads, and sew all kinds of things...
7. Fabric line I want to buy: I love Kaffe Fassett's prints.
8. Preferred quilting method: hand quilting. I do some almost every day. I also like machine quilting, both walking foot and FMQ. I quilt all of my own quilts.
9. Social Media: I don't have a cell phone (no reception here) so facebook is it! We do have internet, so you can read my blog, Current Girlfriend.
10. Favorite Book: The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
11. Favorite Show:  I don't binge watch, I prefer quiet, but my favorite movie is Oh Brother Where Art Thou? 


Greetings from Current Girlfriend!


Here are my blocks for Audrey. The first one didn't have a lot of contrast, but as a choice for a friend in a rough patch it is sweet, because there are phrases "paz y amor" printed on the fabric. (peace and love.) The lower one shows the five crosses more clearly.

Paz y Amor


I crashed the party in Hive 1, and made this super fun pineapple block for Alison, and one for me!
Two Cute Blocks



1 comment:

audrey said...

Thank you, Jane! These are lovely! Perfect additions to the quilt. :)