Friday, November 20, 2015

Lizzies I-Spy Reversible Quilt


I had a lot of fun being in the online Stash Bee this year.  I enjoyed making a variety of blocks for my bee mates, and I especially enjoyed receiving all of the eye-spy blocks that were sent to me.

I used them to make a quilt for my niece, Elizabeth.  I love how that each block has a story.

 

I ended up with way more blocks than I thought because this is my first bee, and I expected just one block per bee mate, and many of my bee mates were very generous or just liked making tiny 1-inch blocks.  I received so many blocks, the quilt was going to be bigger than I wanted.  I was thinking it would be a small quilt that Lizzy could have in her stroller to ward off those unexciting moments waiting in line or just sitting still.  She could look at it all day and keep seeing new items and colors, and make up wonderful stories.
 
Yvonne from CA sent me three blocks in bright colors, a monkey, a giraffe, a butterfly and some soldiers, Kaja from the UK sent me a bright pink bicycle, Yanick from FL sent a cute yellow bumblebee and a way cool surfing girl.  Caroline from CA sent cute orange kitties and a pink ballerina, Jo from the UK sent a proper London bus. Sue from MN sent a butterfly and yummy strawberry. Helen from Ireland went overboard with little red riding hood, a house, a fox, and a Santa - you could make up a great story with those alone!  I really love the diversity of this group.




 
 

2 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I'm so happy to see how the blocks came together to make the quilt! I love that it is double sided and will provide her with lots of hours of fun. So happy to have been a part. :)

June D said...

Looks like a winner! Lots of memories to be shared and made with this quilt.