Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Hive 8 November Blocks


These were so much fun to make!

Jacqueline's question was about our fondest tradition or memory from our families. My father is an amazing cook, and when it came time for holiday meals, he would typically cook non-traditional holiday meals. I can remember occasionally having turkey with all the fixin's, but more often than not, I can remember having these elaborate meals with no sign of poultry. He'd also make his mushrooms, which are one of the most amazing things I've ever eaten. The smell of my parents' kitchen is one of my most defined holiday memories.

2 comments:

zaney said...

These are beautiful!

Jacque T said...

What beautiful blocks!! Love them, thank you!! A man who could cook and sounds like he enjoyed doing it!! What a great memory, thank you for sharing it! I bet certain smells really bring back memories for you!! Hugs!!