Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Hive 7 November block for Rozsamaria




It's good to know this is going to a Quilt of Valor.  I hardly have any fabrics in these colors--I "abandoned" Civil War and dark fabrics a couple of years ago but still had some scraps.  

Rozsamaria asked two questions--the first was "what is your favorite quilt or quilted thing that you've made for yourself?"  That would have to be a lovely rag quilt I made when I was first starting out.  Not only did it turn out to be very pretty, I use it every winter since I live at 6000' and it gets pretty cold. 

Her second question was " What is your favorite quilt/quilting thing that you've made for someone else?" I'm going to say that would be a king-sized basket sampler I made for my 92-year-old mother.  When she received it--through the mail, since she lives far away--she took it with her to her bridge club to show it off, and says she cherishes it.  

No comments: