Sunday, November 1, 2015

Hive 4 November Tutorial

Hello Quilters!

I am super excited for my month as Queen Bee. I got a late start in the Stash Bee (joined in May when another member dropped out). So I've enjoyed sewing the blocks for you all but I couldn't wait for my turn.

A little bit about me...
I'm a 20 something married Speech-Language Pathologist in South Florida who just became a mom this year. 
I have to show him off for just one sec, ok?
My chocolate chip cookie (yes, I made my costume lol)

I've been quilting for about 10 years. I blog at The Sew Called Wife. Most recently I've been doing a lot of improvisational and modern quilting. But this month I decided to pick a more traditional and holiday inspired block. 


The tutorial is from Craftsy and can be found here.

As for fabric choices, I originally did a fabric pull and chose bright yellowish/orangish fabrics.


But then I remembered that I had a Moda layer cake from a few years ago that was Thanksgiving themed. So that's what I went with. Feel free to go either way- traditional or modern. I love both!


This block was super easy to put together. Just a little bit of cutting. 


Then super quick piecing. I put it together in 15 minutes while my husband took the baby for a walk. 
Quick note on ironing- I suggest following the pattern's directions on pressing the seams because they get a bit bulky.


The finished block is size is 8" but feel free to not square it up. I can do that.

I hope my enjoy this month's block. Thanks for sticking with Stash Bee til the end for me :)

And for the question....
What's your favorite holiday memory?






1 comment:

audrey said...

Goodness that baby is cute!