Sunday, October 18, 2015

Hive #7 for Lori


 I saw this block and knew I had to give it a try.  It comes out at 16-1/2" and was pretty quick.  The background is more of an off-white, but it was easier to see before I combined it with the red and blue.


I'm not sure that asking quilters what their favorite block is is really a fair question ... I can think of many I like that I've made, but I've only made a handful of quilts and there are so many more blocks and quilts out there that I want to try.  I love the look of the winding ways block and look forward to making it into a quilt, but I also love the hunter's star, tree of life and castle wall blocks to name a few.

Can't wait to see this quilt come together, Lori!

2 comments:

Lori said...

This block looks great.

Mary Huey said...

Love that block!!