Saturday, September 5, 2015

Hive #7 September for Jane


My first attempt is a hot mess.  I went through two different prints in my stash before I finally figured out how to make it work for me and come out to the correct finished size.  I hope at least one of these can work for you, Jane!


Jane's question was what we need to add to our stash.  I'm actually a bit proud that I've been whittling down my stash.  I usually collect fat quarters unless I'm getting specific for the back of a quilt.  I mostly have small-scale modern prints.  I need to work on getting comfortable with the medium-to-large-scale prints.  Also, I don't particularly like pink, so I have very little of it in my stash.  I've been using a lot of reds and oranges lately, too, so I need to keep my eyes peeled for those, too.

1 comment:

Jane Holbrook said...

Heather! Your blocks are a delight to me. Wonky means wonky. I love your fabrics and your finishes. Thank you!