Sunday, August 2, 2015

Hive 6 - August Blocks for Tori

From the sweltering heat of the Bayou City (that's Houston for you non-Texans), I bring you some red-hot jewel tones set in light and medium grays.


I cut into some of my Laura Gunn fabric for this one - the top two are Painter's Canvas and Edges, from left to right.  The medium gray setting fabric is Moda Grunge from the Basic Gray Blitzen line.

Tori is going on a spectacular retreat in November, and she wanted to hear about our experiences.  I've been to lots of retreats with various local bees, but none of them were organized - you just brought whatever you wanted to work on.  The great thing about a retreat is being able to sew for hours on end without the distraction of laundry, dogs, kids, etc., and in some places they cook for you! 

I always have a good retreat if I bring a variety of projects - something new to start, something I'm in the middle of piecing, something I need to baste (I pin baste), and something I need to sew the binding on, and maybe one extra project.  Unless it is small - like a crib or smaller, I do not bring anything to quilt, since space is usually limited at retreats.

Tori - hope you have a blast!

Summer
lalaluu.blogspot.com

No comments: