Saturday, August 15, 2015

Hive 2 August Blocks for Christina (from Yvonne)

Christina asked for low volume Sunday Morning blocks. My LV stash is growing, so I thought I would pull what I had and see what worked together and how many blocks I could make. I ended up with a very tone on tone muted grouping that I hope will work (but I really love) and a brighter grouping that seems to match the tutorial Christina put together a bit better.



The blocks come together very quickly; I spent much more time cutting the fabric than I did sewing it all together.

Christina asked for a favorite easy recipe. My husband and I love avocados, and one of our favorite quick meals are avocado burritos. This recipe makes 4 avocado burritos, which serves 2 adults.
  • 4 tortillas
  • 1 avocado
  • 1 tomato
  • Sharp cheddar cheese
  • Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste 
Cut the avocado into quarters and dice one quarter onto the center of a tortilla, forming a line down the middle. Cut the tomato into quarters and dice one quarter onto the tortilla next to the avocado. Slide or grate cheese to your preference. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Roll the tortillas, place on a large plate, and cut in half. Heat in a microwave on high for about 1 minute, divide onto 2 plates. Note that you don't have to warm the burritos, but we really recommend you give it a try!

1 comment:

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

I love the blocks, and the avocado burritos sound great too