Saturday, July 25, 2015

Hive 9: July Blocks for Tiffany

Hi, all, Shauna here. Today I'm going to show you the blocks I made for Tiffany. She asked that we either do a 5 pointed star block or a nine patch block. Being a native Texas girl, that star just jumped out at me. I just I had read all of her instructions. I did it the old fashioned way and had more trouble with it than if I had followed her lead.  But I love how it looks, and I had fun going through all of my reds and creams.


Sorry the lighting is so bad, but I just can't seem to get it right. The reds are really more red than this photo shows. I also did a nine patch block for her. I have lots of grays in my stash because I'm working on a quilt with grays and low volume fabrics. I think the hardest thing for me to find in my stash for these were the cream/tan fabrics. I did manage to eek out enough.


Now Tiffany's question was have I always lived in the same area. My answer is yes. I live in the same town where I was born, and have lived my whole life within about 20 mile range. My parents lived in the same house for over 45 years, and I guess I inherited that trait of not liking to move. Now I've traveled and love visiting other places, but home has always been the same area.

No comments: