Friday, July 24, 2015

Hive 8 July Bookshelf Block

Happy Summer!!

The heat and humidity are finally really kicking in here in Western Wisconsin and I am enjoying staying comfy in my home sewing today!!

We were asked to make a bookshelf block, 16. 5 inches high, however wide we wanted to make it. I don't know about you, but my kitties like to get into my bookshelf so I thought I would share a piece of my life and my bookshelf with you.


I also really enjoyed searching my selvage stash to find what represented book titles to me and I hope our July queen enjoys it. I always enjoy a good book myself, wish I had more time for enjoyable moments of leisure myself for books. 

we were asked what is a tool that we really love. I would have to say it is those little sticky leather dots that I can put on my finger that act as thimbles. When I hand sew/bindings they sure do a great job protecting my fingers and are very sticky and reusable. 

Well, enjoy the Robins singing as they will leave us soon. And enjoy the warm weather as it is so fleeting, at least in this part of the world. :) 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how you added the cat. Very creative!