Friday, July 31, 2015

Hive #5 - July Block for Kelly

Here is my July block for Kelly!



I actually had a really hard time finding good fabrics for this block in my stash.  First, I sew with a lot of saturated colors and don't have a lot of the softer "sherbet" colors Kelly was looking for.  I hope my block doesn't have too much pop.

She also said she prefers the background to not be bright white.  But I don't have any creams / ivory / etc in my stash.  I tried to pull a couple of my white on white low volume prints that don't read quite so bright and a couple super soft grays.  Hopefully it will blend in well with other blocks.

As for my favorite tool for a new quilter - Elmer's Washable School Glue.  I've really taken a liking to glue basting for getting perfectly aligned points!

I mailed my block out a couple days ago so Kelly should be receiving it soon!

No comments: