Saturday, May 23, 2015

Hive #7, May blocks for Jan

Jan asked for these fun Circles Squared Blocks.  I have them ready to go in the mail after memorial Day ...


Jan asked us how we get back into creative mode when in a sewing funk.  I guess I have three answers for that.  One, I clean my sewing area.  I can't function with too much clutter, so clearing things off and taking 5 to 15 minutes to put everything away works wonders.  Two, I sew something small.  Bee blocks, small pouches, baskets and sometimes bags work well here.  It's sort of like instant gratification.  Third, I always have multiple projects going so I can switch off when I get bored.  Perhaps that's why some projects really take a long time, but I like being able to pick up something different when I get stuck.

1 comment:

Jan aka StampQn said...

They look wonderful. Thanks so much. Jan