Saturday, May 9, 2015

Hive #5 May Block

Kelly from Hive #5 here. Since I cut it close with my March and April blocks, I tried to get this one done sooner than later.  Christina asked for this fun block. Not sure if it has a name but it was fun. Since I am a lazy cutter I opted for the version where you sew strips then cut, rather than all the individual squares. Cutting out all the pieces is always my least favorite part. :)



Her question was:
"If time and money were not a factor, where would you like to go and why?".

I have a lot of places I would like to go so I can't really think of one. I've always wanted to go to Australia and New Zealand. My 7yr old wants to see the Hobbiton set (where the Bilbo and Frodo live for those who didn't see the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies). We are nerds that way.

It isn't that far in comparison but I've always wanted to go to Alaska. Not the little bit wedged in Canada but the giant part of Alaska. I think that would be fun.

1 comment:

Sowing Stitches said...

:) Love this block! I may have to borrow for a future quilt along. Yours turned out great!!! Like you I too have many places I hope to visit for extend time...but if I could only choose one...that's a tough decision!! I would dearly love to explore every inch of the grand canyon [ minus any hidden snakes along the way ] .