Friday, May 8, 2015

Hive 2 - May Bee Blocks for Sue

This great stash busting block from Sue actually got me organizing and sorting my scrap bin!  I am always amazed at the treasures I find if I only dig a little deeper :)


Usually the hardest part is choosing the fabric, not so this round. . .the hardest part was taking that first slice through the blocks as laid out above :) but slice I did. . .



and thankfully came in right at the 8.5" mark with barely a sliver to spare!  As for where I find my inspiration?  Everywhere!  I will go through phases where I will devour all the blogs I follow on my reader, another week I may be trolling Pinterest, perusing the magazines at the hair dressers or just going for a walk with the kids. . .

These will be on there way to you a little later in the week Sue!  Thanks for picking such a cool block!

Caroline
lalinsocal

1 comment:

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

l love the texty fabric in yours, have to get cracking on my day off this week!