Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Hive 7 March block for Melissa


Me again! It’s Carla, from Granny Maud’s Girl.

Melissa is our queen bee this month, and she asked for a scrappy sister’s choice block with purple points. Apart from the purple, she said she liked scrappy so anything goes.

She said we could make the centre nine-patch block either way – with five coloured squares or just four – so I made one of each. All of the fabrics, except the purple, came from my scrap box, and I used up the last piece of one of my favourite watermelon pinks.



I also kept all the tiny triangular trimmings to send to her as she asked. I just have to remember to put them in the envelope.

Melissa asked us what our favourite colour is. My favourite colour is definitely red, but I am also very partial to pinks and blues. Pink is probably the colour I use most in quilts and is the colour I have the most fabric of in my stash. A good red can be hard to find. Purple is my least favourite colour, but I do not mind keeping some in my stash to make bee blocks for others.

I also made a block to send to Chelsea at Patch the Giraffe in Hive 6. Yes, I am in Hive 7, but once again I have gatecrashed another hive. I have been reading Chelsea’s blog for a while, and I always love her colour and fabric choices. I hope I have done her block justice.


Carla

2 comments:

Sewgreen said...

Those are lovely, I love that pink!!

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

three really nice blocks, love them all Carla