Sunday, March 1, 2015

Hive 6 March Block

Hi All!  

My name is Chelsea, I blog over at Patch the Giraffe. This is my first bee and I am very excited to be apart of your group! Up here in the north country it's been exceptionally snowy and wintery. Not exactly my idea of a good time. This got me thinking about spring, and if I can't have spring weather, I did pull some spring colors. 


The block this month is called ROCKY MOUNTAIN PUZZLE. I saw this block made into a quilt a few months back and really wanted my own. So, ahead of time, thanks for helping.

Colors: 
This all about spring here. You can see below the colors/fabrics I am looking for in this quilt. **Please no batiks.** Peach, lime green, aqua, emerald/ dark teal, navy, lavender, low volume, and grey. Feel free to go crazy with the color combinations!


Cutting: 
Center Square - (1) 4.5 inch square
Center Frame - (2) 4.5 inch x 1.5 inch, (2) 6.5 inch x 1.5 inch
Points - (5) 4 inch squares
Background - (5) 4 inch squares, (2) 3.5 inch squares

Directions: 

*Sew all seams with a scant 1/4 inch seem
* Press all seams open 


1. Sew 4.5 inch x 1.5 inch pieces to either side of center square. Press open.
2. Sew 6.5 inch x 1.5 inch pieces to other side of center square. Press open.
3. Draw a line along the 5, 4 inch square background pieces, sew a scant 1/4 inch on either side. Cut down center and press open.
4. Square the 10 half square triangles to 3.5 inches square.



5. Sew the remaining blocks together. Pressing open.
6. Block should finish at 12.5 inches square.

Question: If you could go back in time to any decade, which would be it be?

Happy sewing all :) 

Chelsea


No comments: