Saturday, February 14, 2015

Hive #3 February Block for Bonnie

This month Bonnie asked for a brown strip improv block that didn't have perfectly straight lines.  Well, this was a bit tough for me since when I did some stash digging I realize how little tone on town browns I have.  And don't even ask about solids because a brown solid was no where to be found, haha.  Once I did some digging in my scrap bin I found a bunch of brown I collected from my lqs's scrap bin.  Score! So between my stash and my scraps I was pleasantly surprised with the assortment.  It is a bit longer than asked for, but I figure that it can be trimmed down.



Now to the questions, 5 notions I can not live without are
- Rotary cutter and mat (these are a set in my opinion)
- Little stork scissors, great for trimming threads and for seam ripping in tight spots
- Self threading needles for hiding the threads after quilting
- Roxanne chalk marking pencils, wipes off with a damp cloth and has no chemicals
- Quilting pins, I have them everywhere. Thin ones for paper piecing and regular ones for everything else

5 foods I can not live without
- zucchini, seriously this is in almost every meal I eat (I don't eat meat)
- cheese, all kinds. It has its own food group in my opinion :)
- pasta, anything but spaghetti (I don't know why I don't like it)
- popcorn, made in a pan with a little fresh grated Parmesan cheese... yum!
- Any other veggie you can think of, except lima beans

You block will be in the mail as soon as possible with a few extra strips to scatter in the quilt.  I did some organizing while looking for fabrics and found things I forgot about so that was a lot of fun for me.  I hope the fabrics I chose work for you, Bonnie.




1 comment:

cjmont said...

jan from dew and sow farm says hi.