Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hive 6: January 2015 Swamp Angel Block

Hello everyone! My name is Julia and I'm from lovely Somerville, MA. Somerville is nestled up against Cambridge and Boston. This whole area is full of colleges & we have regular tourist seasons. Right now we're covered in snow thanks to the recent blizzard so minimal tourists. :)

I'm leaving this afternoon to fly to Orlando, FL to visit friends and go to a quilting event. When I travel I typically visit friends & relatives. I have family in Sweden & friends all over the world so that's great. I just finished my library & information science degree so I'm treating myself to a vacation in Cancun at the MC of February. I'm very excited for the trip. I've never been to Mexico & I splashed out for a beach resort. I'll be packing bikinis, caftans & books.

This is my first bee & I enjoyed making the block. It pushed me on dealing with bias distortion particularly when making QSTs. I tossed out several wonky blocks while getting my technique down. I really like how this looks. I chose blue & orange fabrics. I bought a FQ of plane fabric because it was a great match with the question of the month.


1 comment:

genevievegraves said...

What a great block! It's awesome that you went out and bought special airplane fabric---it adds that magic and memory to the quilt!