Thursday, January 22, 2015

Hive 3 January Block- Sewing Books!

Hi Everyone!

I'm Stephanie and this is my third round of Stash Bee.  Previously I was a hive mama (hive 2 in round 1 and hive 10 in round 2) but this round I decided to step down and just be a participant since I'm expecting my second child (a boy) in early March.   You can find me on Instagram as @StephGranite  or on my blog (if I ever update it) SewingByStephanie

This month we were asked to do a "themed bookshelf" so obviously I had to go with SEWING BOOKS :-) :-) :-)


The early morning sun is a little harsh for taking a good photo of this block but my 1.5 year old is running a temp of 103 so I didn't know if I'd get a chance to take a photo (or blog about it) otherwise.  Hopefully I'll find a chance to get this in the post soon!

And as for our question we were asked about our first quilt.  The first quilt I made was in high school and I made it without knowing anything about quilts, I'm not even sure if I did any quilting on it at all.  My second quilt was in college and I knew a little more, but not much, and I at least hand-tied that one.  But alas, no pics of either.....

This is the third quilt I ever made, and it was in conjunction with college friends for the birth of a friend's daughter.  My contribution was the snail applique block, and in piecing all the blocks together and quilting it. 

March 2010

And my fourth quilt (and the first one where I had at least some idea what I was doing) I made for my mom and she of course still has it.   The center is pieced and the leaves are all hand appliqued on.

August 2010

August 2010
-Stephanie

No comments: