Monday, December 23, 2013

Finished Stash Bee Charity Quilt

 

Danny had asked me to repost my Stash Bee finish that was on my blog... 

I finally finished my Stash Bee Quilt! I was so lucky to have a great group of gals sending me blocks, I also received a few from outside the group to complete this quilt.  I would like to thank everyone who helped make it!! I think it turned out amazing. I had asked bee members to make wonky star blocks and wonky log cabin blocks.  I had enough blocks to make one quilt for charity and one quilt to keep. This one that I finished first will be going to a new home at some point. I would like to keep it in my community so I thought I would see if a local organization had someone that could use it.

And the back...
 Perfect size!

I absolutely love it. It has four 12.5 inch blocks across and five 12.5 inch blocks down. I added a border and it now measures approximately 52 inches by 64 inches.
I quilted it with straight lines about 1/4 inch apart. After it was washed it became so crinkly and cuddly. I am sure at its new home it will be loved.

Thanks for stopping in and thanks to all that helped!!

Vickey

Update... This quilt went to Moore Oklahoma after the tornado. 

1 comment:

Willa said...

I love the variety of the blocks!! I would never have even considered such a combination - but it works so well!!!! Thanks for helping me see anew!